Friday, June 20, 2014

Hello Summer!

Well, hello there, Summer! I'm so glad you're back! I've been missing for quite some time myself. As I ended a very rough year, I decided to do absolutely nothing in June that was related to school. All I dreamed of was working out each morning and reading the rest of the day. Ahhh...but, reality isn't the stuff of dreams, is it? Not exactly...

So, here is how my June has really been...a few days of working out, just not first thing in the morning.  And yes, I'm HOPING that I will get to the gym more days each week. Today was the first day this week! Yay!  As for the reading, well, I actually have been reading quite a bit. And I'm super happy about that!  (I'll tell you more about that in a sec)  I have been hanging out with the hubs on his days off, and we've been doing fun things-yay. And the rest of the time? Yep-nothin'. Nada. Zilch.  Hmmm...so, I don't know. I guess I'm sort of doing what I wanted to do. And I think, maybe I want to accomplish more than what I set out to do. :)

And so, after my lofty dreams of nothing, I've decided I'm ready to start being productive. So, I am going to stalk all of my favorite teacher blogs and start motivating myself to get ready for the B-E-S-T year ever! Rah, rah, rah!

As far as the reading goes, I joined in on the book study for Reading in the Wild by Donalyn Miller with Catherine from Brown Bag Teacher. I'm LOVING this book! I'm not always one to enjoy reading those professional books, but this is a great book, and I really like being able to see what the other people say about the book. So, if you haven't joined the reading train, get on it!

I am going to honestly try to blog more this summer, because I really want to...
Stay cool in the summer sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment