Sunday, October 26, 2014

Just So Busy...

Happy Fall Sunday!
It FINALLY feels like fall here in SoCal! Sheesh-I was beginning to wonder if we would EVER get some cooler weather. Today is just beautiful!

So, I've been super busy trying to wrap my head around this year.  I can't believe we are already starting to do report cards! Ugh! On one hand, I'm happy because it means this year is 1/3 over, but then again, I'm freaking out because I haven't gotten through everything I need to get through!!


Can you relate to how I feel??

One awesome thing that we are doing in my class, though, is KidBlog. I am fortunate that I get to house a cart of Chromebooks in my room, and luckily, no one ever signs up to use them. Woohoo! So, I have my kids on them all the time. I have my kids do research; use them for AR tests; and do their iReady; but the BEST thing is KidBlog. The sweet Mrs. Bentin from Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard is joining me on this journey. (okay, actually, I'm joining her) We are having our kids respond to each other on their own blog pages. We've just started, but from my end, my kids L.O.V.E. having a friend in a new state! Every time I say, "Okay, login to KidBlog," I hear this low excited cheer. It makes me smile, for once in the day, that they are having fun with something. And I think the more we do, they will get better at keyboarding and other digital literacy for the real world. (yep, gotta make sure I'm hitting those CCSS) Ha Ha Ha!!  I also have my kids respond to questions that I post. It's not just "chatting" with new friends.



Have you tried KidBlog in your class? I'd love to know what you've done.
Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment