Saturday, November 1, 2014

Five for Friday

Well, today is Saturday, but I was so exhausted yesterday, I couldn't even get on the computer!  So...I'm a day late to link up with Kacy at Doodle Bugs Teaching-please forgive me. Thanks!


This is my FIRST five for Friday, and I'm SO, SO EXCITED!!  Let's see how this goes.

Happy Halloween-yesterday.  We had our school costume parade in the morning. It was crazy, chaotic, but surprisingly, not as bad as years past. Whew! I like to keep my costume simple. Because this year has been so wackadoodle, I've been "under the weather".


One of my grade level teammates. Scary...I know!!

I just started teaching multiplication-finally!  I made this little activity.  I put the kids into partnerships. I had stations around the room. Each station had a bag of counting bears. On the bag it said, "Show a __ by __ array". They had to put the bears into the array. Then on their worksheet, they had to write the multiplication equation the array showed, then draw a model of the equation. It definitely showed me who understands the concept of multiplication.




I'm really bad at carving pumpkins, but I do it anyway, because it reminds of when I was a kid. It's okay to laugh...

While shopping at William Sonoma the other day ... need I say more? Tis the season!
I tweaked the saying because it wasn't the best language...trying to keep it clean. But I really liked this.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment