Saturday, November 15, 2014

Thanks for the Liebster Award!

I've been nominated by Lydia at Glamour and Gluesticks for the Liebster Awards.

You may find yourself asking, "What in the world is the Liebster Award?" I know that's what I said!  It's pretty simple.  When a person is nominated for the Liebster Award, first they answer 11 questions about themselves.  Afterwards, they nominate 11 additional bloggers with fewer than 200 bloggers for the award.  It's like a chain award designed to help new bloggers* (see #1) become acquainted with the blogging world.  here are my answers to the 11 questions:

1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
       Hmmm...I guess I started blogging 2 years ago.  I started because I loved what I saw on other teachers' blogs, and I thought, I want to do that, too.  I envied those people who seemed to have so many friends from all over because of their blogs.  I also wanted a way to share teacher experiences and get feedback f rom other teachers.

2. What one word sums up the heard of your blog and why?
    I think Reflection.  When I started my blog, I wanted a place to reflect on my day or my teaching and be able to pick other people's minds about things that came up during my day.  I never really thought of my blog as a place to "sell" things, because I don't find myself very creative.  It's more an outlet for me to share feelings of teaching. If I was creative, I would love to be able to share products as well!

3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?
    I am not sure about this.  I wish I had known how to link to linky parties sooner.  I'm excited I know how to do it now, although I am still leaning new things with every linky party I "attend".  I love being about to share with everyone things that everyone else is sharing, too.  Okay, does that even make sense??

4.  What is your favorite pass time other than blogging?
      I love to shop and read.  If I knew I didn't have any other responsibilities in my day, I would curl up on the couch and read all day!  And then I would shop.

     5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
        Not as many as I'd like.  These days, I'm lucky if I get 1 post a week in, and lately, I'm not even getting that much in!!  It definitely takes a lot of time to blog, and I am happy when I can catch up on reading all my blog feeds on Bloglovin! Let alone, actually posting to my own blog. 

    6.  What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
       I love seeing what other people are doing in their classrooms and how they are teaching.  I think for me, reading other teachers' blogs are a blessing and a curse.  A blessing because I get ideas of things to do in my class, but a curse because everyone does such amazing things, yet I can never duplicate what I see.

     7.  Where does your blog inspiration come from?
         I think it comes from other bloggers.  When I read other blogs, I feel like I need to share things also.  Kind of like the idea of "you get one, I get one".  I don't want to take all the time, I like to give, too.

     8.  Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
         Okay, unfortunately, I can't say that I'm super proud of any of my posts.  But I think I'd have to say my Currently posts would fit the bill.  I'm poud of the fact that I could actually follow the directions and get the template onto my blog!!

     9.  Is there any post you've been planning to do but have been postponing?
       I've been meaning to post about some things I've been doing in my class, but I haven't quite gotten it done yet. I have the pictures, so hopefully, I'll get it done soon.

     10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
        I love reading about what other teachers do in their classrooms.  I also love seeing what people use in their rooms-i.e. products they use (and I love buying these things on TpT).  I also love the feeling of community blogging provides, and the friendships made through blogging.  It amazes me that I can be friends with someone I've never actually met, but through this crazy world of blogging, I have friends all over.  That to me is the best thing about blogging.


      11.  Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most likely try yourself?
   Lydia, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your "Teacher Week-Why stay organized?" post. Oh My Goodness! I have never thought about using Drive to store lesson plans! Genius idea! I definitely need to try that. So easy and so organized. I love how it gets rid of the paper stacks (or in my case, all the old lesson plan books) Amazing!


The Rules:
Now that you've been nominated, here are the official rules for accepting:

1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out".
2. Answer the 11 questions I answered above.
3. Nominate 11 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers each.  have them answer the questions above.
4.  Let your nominees know thay've been nominated and provide them with a link back to your post, so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so he/she can learn about you.

My nominations:
Jennifer at Teaching with Grace
Kady at Teacher Trap
Misty and Kristy at Teaching times 2
Amanda at Teacher at the Wheel

Whew! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jamie! I posted my response to the Lieberman Award! As usual, took me forever! Love this and thanks, Pam
    http://www.teachingbythesea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete