Friday, July 25, 2014

Yay, vacation!!

Hi Friends!
I recently (Tuesday) got back from my only vacation this summer. (okay, I did go to Santa Barbara, but that was just an overnight for my anniversary. I don't count that as a "vacation") Buuuttt....this last little trip was the only "vacation" I'm getting, so I'm going with it. The husband and I went up to Cambria.  If you have never been there, it's about 212 miles south of San Francisco, and it's on the coast. It's beautiful! And we had perfect weather!  We went to  Hearst Castle, which is in San Simeon-a 10 min. drive from our hotel.  He was a very eccentric man! (W.R. Hearst)  So there are animal descendants of his stock that roam the property, and as we drove up to the castle, we saw 2 deer! They were so cute. And, he had zebra, too! (told you he was strange) When we were driving back to the hotel, we saw many of those zebra!!  Imagine, driving along Highway 1, the Pacific Ocean on one side, and black and white zebra on the other, roaming around with the cows!  It was interesting.

But what a relaxing time we had.  Walks overlooking the beach, yummy food, and sunshine!  We saw dolphins playing on Tuesday morning and seals hanging out on the rocks.  I think we saw otters, too.  But my eyes are so bad, I don't know if I was looking at otters or kelp! Ha ha!!

Here are some pics from our trip...
 This was the view from our room. :)

 These guys were all over the walking path! So cute...



 These are elephant seals. Smelly & loud...

 Look closely at the rock-that's a seal!!

Have a great weekend!  I'm heading into my classroom to get serious about getting ready Monday.  I feel like this is my last weekend of "freedom"!!  Are you excited or dreading going back?

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog via Ms. Fultz. Nice to find other third grade teachers from Cali too! I love Hearst Castle and taking trips up the coast. Just took my parents there last summer and they loved it. Thanks for sharing your pics from the trip.

    I'm not ready to return to work because with my busy summer I feel like my vacation has just begun. Lol. I hope to go in a bit earlier to put my classroom back together and get organized next week. It will be my last week of freedom as well.

    TeacherMsH~ThirdIstheWord

    ReplyDelete